It was a an interesting year. We were hit hard as a country, as a community but specifically for us, as a family. Above all else, this year we lost three amazing people in our family and the loss is still something we feel every single day. It’s been a difficult year and I believe this is a sentiment felt by most, however, I refuse to leave a year on a negative note. This morning over coffee my husband and I were trying to recall a few good things from this year and we surprised ourselves with how many we came up with!
- Hubby’s CFA
- Ya’ll this one was huge. My husband has been studying for these tests for almost three years. As a result, he missed out on vacations, family time and little moments in Little J’s life. This was so hard on him but I am so impressed and inspired by his focus and determination. In August he found out (while we were on our 1st family vacation) that he had passed his third final exam. A weight was lifted and over the past few months I have been able to watch my husband truly relax and enjoy life again and it’s been amazing.
- Our 1st Family Vacation
- Due to the above, we actually haven’t taken a trip just the three of us in…well…never! This year we flew to Longboat Key Florida and spent 7 days enjoying the beach, pool and cocktails with little umbrellas (well…those over 21 did). Longboat Key is where my husband spent most of his vacations as a child so it was so fun to recreate similiar memories with our little one.
- 6 & 3
- We celebrated 6 years of marriage and our little guy turned 3. Simply amazing.
- Hubby’s Birthday
- In case you missed it, my husband has been distracted and preoccupied the last three years so I wanted to make a huge deal out of his birthday. A-HUGE-DEAL! Thankfully, all his friends are rock stars and helped me really pull this off. Between friends flying in from NY and Dallas friends showing up for a surprise dinner this was truly an amazing weekend
- Stitch Fix
- I had spent 7 years working over 60 hours a week and during my last 3 of those years I supervised a team of 6…and then I left it all to be a Stay at Home Mom. That was a difficult transition for me, mostly because my new boss was an infant that cried a lot! I needed something that was mine again and this was hands down the best decision I ever made. It has been a fantastic journey so far and I consider myself so lucky to be able to do something so fun from the comfort of my own home!
- Girls Trip
- I spend 4 fantastic days in Key West this year with three of my best friends from high school. I can’t even begin to explain how amazing this was to be able to kick back and be with the girls who know me best. A big shout out to my in laws who watched Little J while I was away and my husband who insisted that this trip happen to begin with! Mommas- you need a break! Make it happen in 2017!
As for this blog, I am sure you have noticed that the posts have not been as frequent this year as they have been in the past. Our time has really been focused on our family this year and my time to blog has been limited but I have loved interacting with some of you in comments and on Instagram and Facebook.
The most read and liked blog this year? The 5 Parent Stages of a Public Toddler Tantrum
A huge thank you to all of those who have followed along with me this year. We are excited for all the changes coming to us in 2017 and can’t wait to share them with you all!
From my family to yours, have a very Happy New Year!