It’s the New Year which means two things- 1. my gym is packed with a new group of resolution hopefuls stealing my eliptical in the morning and 2.- my weekly meal planning is getting a healthy make over. I am much more excited about the latter! Seriously, get off my elliptical people, the one by the window is mine! Phew. Ok, so J and I are big Thai people, give us a good spicy peanut sauce and we are in heaven. This recipe was really fun to make and started out by just grabbing all my favorite ingredients from the pantry- Ginger & Soy Sauce ❤ They are the like the dream team of thai food in my world. What I love about this recipe is the added nutrition of the spaghetti squash. Yum! Although the squash takes about 45 minutes to cook, the actual work time you have to do on this meal is less than 20 minutes, which is a HUGE mom win.
This was a quick and fun meal to make and I encourage you to give it a try and let me know what you think. Beyond the wonderful flavors of the peanut sauce, the actual peanuts sprinkled on top add a welcomed crunch to the dish. I allowed my chicken to marinate for 8 hours and it came out unbelievably juicy and flavorful! I invite you to mix this up a bit, use shrimp or steak instead of chicken or kick up the spice by adding more red pepper flakes!
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Chicken Breasts, pounded thin
2 Green Onion, diced
¼ Cup of Dry Roasted Peanuts, chopped
6 Tbsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Ginger
1 Tsp Agave Nectar (optional)
Pinch or two of pepper
- Throw the chicken into a plastic bag and add all the marinade ingredients and shake the bag to blend. Marinate 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice squash in half and scoop out the seeds and center on both sites. Lightly coat both sides with ½ tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with S&P. Place the squash face down on a roasting pan. Pour water in the pan, just enough to cover the surface. Place in the over on the middle rack and cook for 45 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients of the sauce into a food processor and blend well.
- Heat ½ tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Once hot, place the chicken in the pan making sure to maintain all the juices from the marinade in the pan. Cook the chicken 4-5 (ish) minutes each side until completely cooked. Remove from pan and slice.
- Shred the squash with a fork into a separate bowl, pour the sauce over and mix well.
To Serve: Place a large spoonful of the spaghetti squash in each bowl, add the chicken and sprinkle green onions, chopped peanuts and sesame seeds.
Linking up with Your Inspired Design Link Party today. Head over there and check out what they’ve been working on!
*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.
Dog Slobber & Baby Giggles is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.