You may have read by now but I had my wisdom teeth removed last week. It hurt…. a lot and as a result I haven’t been cooking much, which means my poor family has been forced to survive on soup. Yesterday was the first day that I finally was feeling like I could conquer some serious food. I decided I wanted a delicious Chicken Caprese Pasta for dinner. You know, chicken, mozzarella cheese, grape tomato and spinach sprinkled with basil? Well when I mentioned my desired meal to my husband yesterday morning as he was getting ready for work, his response was a blank stare. Awesome. Instead he suggested we swap the grape tomatoes for their sun-dried cousin and I added that we could swap the spinach for lots of basil and use a white wine sauce. Just like that, a food marriage was created. What? You don’t discuss dinner options while brushing your teeth????
I can tell you that the end result was simply wonderful. This is a yummy pasta, the kind you want to eat on a chilly night when you are in your PJs on the couch.
The Sun-dried Tomato, Basil & Chicken Pasta or SBC Pasta
It really doesn’t get any better than this! What’s great about this dish is you can easily make it with a few variations. Swap the chicken for some chicken sausage, mix in grape tomatoes instead of sun-dried, nix the mozzarella completely and just use Parmesan. Once you have the basic white whine sauce you can really make some magic happen if you have the right ingredients!
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 lb of chicken breasts
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
4 teaspoons of garlic (or 5 cloves-smashed)
3/4 cup of white wine
1 cup of chicken broth
8 oz of sun-dried tomatoes- chopped
1 cup of freshly chopped basil
1/2 cup of freshly shredded mozzarella
Shredded Parm for serving
- Boil up your pasta in slightly salted water, drain and set aside
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet, add in your chicken. Brown on one side before flipping. Once completely cooked, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 30 seconds, add in the broth and white wine. Let this simmer for 5-6 minutes to reduce a bit
- Toss in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and allow it to simmer in the sauce for two additional minutes.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the chicken, basil and mozzarella and toss together.
- Scope this yummiess into a large bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.